Coming to
age to me is learning from your problems and applying it to how you live now is
important. Everyone has at least one thing that has happened to them that has
changed how they do things and act towards things. It forms who they are today
and will be the next day. My eighth grade year was a breeze... educationally, I
was able to sleep in class and still get A's and some B's but I only slept for
a few reasons. I slept because one I watched anime and also eventually I just
became absorbed in it so much I just talked to people less. People in the same
class as me would say "Wow, how can you sleep and still get A's" and
I just say "I don't know it just happens". Eventually I slept so much
I just talked less because I was so tired of doing anything. But there was one
person that I don't even know how I came to talk to as much as I did, a someone
named Adrian.
An empty classroom, no students just
me and a plain white board that's always in the front, is what I thought right
when I woke up from what I thought was a nap. I immediately looked around to
find that everyone had already transferred to another class. I turned around to
see my cousin or the classroom teacher doing his work and asked where everyone
went. As soon as he said history, I immediately
jolted to my books and bag to find people still walking down the hall and made
it right on time, by the way most of the teachers mutually knew I slept in
almost every class. As soon as I took my seat accompanied by Adrian next to me,
I could remember his words clearly, "Join the herd." as he slide over
his laptop, I was confused still in my half-awake state and looked at the
screen. It was "My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic", I thought of the
idea as silly as a first thought, but then again I could always finish it in about
a day's time so I said to him maybe later.
Even with
the maybe, he continually urged every time asking if I watched the first
episode. Eventually I watched the first few episodes and understood why some
people watch it. What I had learned although complex is that however
complicated a problem in life may be, it is simple to resolve it if you don't
overcomplicate it. All of these episodes showed that they helped each other
overcome their problems and I thought maybe I should rely on others more often.
The only thing I did was get closer to people but I didn't really let people
hear out my problems which I still don't do, I think it's hard to do just
letting someone know how you really are.
In school Adrian began to become the
closest person to me but I still didn't really share any personal problems to
him but he presented himself with his personal problems to me in a manner that
wasn't joking around but not too serious. It was like this for a while and also
sometimes he would play around with my sleeping body, how I knew was one I
heard laughing and my name at one point, also some people asked if I felt any
of the things he did. I trusted what he did to me so I wasn't too worried about
what he did.
I usually talked to Adrian after
school or play League of Legends with people from STS and I was starting to
slow down on anime, It was one day he told me "You know, you should really
do something about it." I knew exactly what he was talking about, for him
to talk about it must mean he was really worried about me knowing how I did
things. And since I know everybody else was also worried I finally resolved
myself and solved this problem.
Adrian gradually took me out of my
comfort zone by watching My Little Pony, talking to me about cards, games, and
anime. He is a good friend that was there when I pretty much ignored a lot of
people. He also helped me realize the simple things and helped me do a lot of
things. Today we're in separate schools and barely talk to each other but get
real pumped up when we're together. The lesson here is finding at least one
good friend can help you change your life but you also have to somewhat
contribute back.
I STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT ADRIAN DID FOR YOU BESIDES LETTING YOU WATCH A SHOW. HOW HAS MEETING HIM CHANGED YOU. YOU WATCH A SHOW...GREAT BUT WHAT ABOUT YOU AS A PERSON. YOU NEED TO GIVE US MORE ABOUT HOW YOU HAVE CHANGED AND LESS ABOUT THE SHOW OR SLEEPING IN CLASS. AS(2-)
ReplyDelete